Emotional intelligence describes the ability to understand one’s own feelings. It also provides great insight on how emotion influences motivation and behavior. The concept of Emotional Intelligence has been around since the early 20th century, but the term was first introduced by Wayne Payne in 1985.
With our Emotional Intelligence workshop, you will gain a better understanding of self-management and self-awareness. This in turn will give you better insight and control over your actions and emotions. With a greater understanding of emotions, you will experience a positive impact on your professional and personal lives.
Anybody who is interested in learning Emotional intelligence Skills
- Understand the Emotional Intelligence competency framework.
- Assess and understand current Emotional Intelligence level.
- Understand techniques for being highly positive and energetic.
- Understand how emotions can influence thoughts, goals, relationships, decision-making ability, etc.
- Understand the importance of high expectations and pressure and how to go through it.
- Understand how to be an emotionally strong person, who can handle emotions.
- Understand how to be a responsible person, who does not believe in blame/complaint.
- Understand techniques on the job.
Module One: What is Emotional Intelligence?
- Self Awareness
Module Two: Four Skills in Emotional Intelligence
- How to Accurately Perceive Emotions
- Use Emotions to Facilitate Thinking
- Understand Emotional Meanings
- Manage Emotions
Module Three: Verbal Communication Skills
- Focused Listening
- Asking Questions
- Communicating with Flexibility and Authenticity
Module Four: Non-Verbal Communication Skills
- Body Language
- The Signals You Send to Others
- It’s Not What You Say, It’s How You Say It
Module Five: Social Management and Responsibility
- Benefits of Emotional Intelligence
- Articulate your Emotions Using Language.
Module Six: Tools to Regulate Your Emotions
- Seeing the Other Side
- Self-Management and Self Awareness
- Giving in Without Giving Up
Module Seven: Gaining Control
- Using Coping Thoughts
- Using Relaxation Techniques
- Bringing it All Together
Module Eight: Business Practices (I)
- Understand Emotions and How to Manage Them in the Workplace
- Role of Emotional Intelligence at Work
- Disagreeing Constructively
Module Nine: Business Practices (II)
- The Balance Between Optimism & Pessimism
Module Ten: Making an Impact
- Creating a Powerful First Impression
- Assessing a Situation
- Being Zealous without Being Offensive
Module Eleven: Wrapping Up
- Words from the Wise
- Review of Parking Lot
- Lessons Learned
- Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations
Attendees will receive a course manual with presentation slides and reference materials.